However, Ranthambore National Park with lesser tiger population density is more ideal place to be for spotting tigers in their natural habitat.
|Kaziranga National Park is home to 2/3rd of world's Single-horned Rhinos|
In 1916, it was called as Kaziranga Game Sanctuary which was changed to Kaziranga Wildlife Sanctuary by P.D. Stracey in 1950 to remove any sort of linking to hunting activities.
Poaching in Park was banned but visitors were allowed to visit. By 1954, massive penalties were imposed on poachers and by 1968 it received the status of one of India’s National Park. In 1985, it earned the title of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Poachers, floods, rebels, nothing could bring the spirits of the Wildlife Sanctuary to a halt over the years, in 2005, and The Sanctuary celebrated her 100th anniversary.
The views outside these resorts are very exciting with amazing sceneries and picturesque landscapes all around. The rooms in these lodges and resorts are installed with all the amenities and services that are required by any modern day traveler.
The food served in all the resorts comprises mainly of vegetarian dishes, but is very scrumptious and you will keep licking your fingers after having the food. The food is a little expensive but it is so delicious, it more than makes up for the money spent for all foodies.
Some of the famous resorts are Unicorn Cottages, Wild Grass Lodge, Diphlu River Lodge, Nature-Hunt Eco Camp, Jupuri Ghar, Iora- the Retreat Resort.
- For the best experience of Elephant Safari, chose to do it in Central Range.
- If you are interested in boat rides in beautiful waters, head to North Eastern point of the park.
- Do not book private elephant safari riders. They cut your tour time to take on more tourists. Go in groups.
- Early morning safari in winters should be avoided as fog and mist restricts viewing.
- Private vehicle can be taken to the park if accompanied with a forest guide.
Also check out some of the best national parks in India.
For more details, packages and booking of hotel to plan your wildlife excursion in Kajiranga, visit the website of Wildlife India Tours here: http://www.wildlifeindiatours.com/kaziranga-national-park
Contributed by Karan Saxena